The Visit Port Angeles event calendar is for special events and happenings that are of interest to visitors to Port Angeles and the Olympic Peninsula. The criteria for approved events include the following:
– Your event received City of Port Angeles Lodging Tax Funds
– Your event will bring overnight visitors to stay in Port Angeles
– Your event is of interest to out-of-area visitors and tourists
– You are actively marketing your own event through some form of demonstrated advertising (website, social media, radio, TV, print and digital ads, etc.)
– Your event should be located within the Port Angeles or greater Olympic Peninsula region. Exceptions to this policy will be allowed at the discretion of Visit Port Angeles event calendar moderator.
Events submitted to the Port Angeles Event Calendar containing any of the following content shall not be allowed for posting:
• Events that are deemed not to serve tourists and visitors;
• Events and/or meetings from civic groups and community clubs
• Political events;
• Religious events;
• Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
• Sexual content or links to sexual content;
• Solicitations of commerce;
• Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
• Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems; or
• Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party
Moderation/Approval Process of Events
All event postings shall be moderated by a City-authorized calendar moderator, who shall review and approve all event submissions for conformance to Visit Port Angeles Event Calendar Policy standards.
Items submitted for consideration to be posted on the Visit Port Angeles calendar shall be reviewed within seven (7) days of event posting. If your event is approved, the event will be pushed live at VisitPortAngeles.com. If your event violates the event calendar policy, you will be notified within seven (7) days.
The VisitPortAngeles.com Event Calendar is provided as a community service to Port Angeles tourism-based businesses and organizations. Though the calendar is moderated for posting acceptable events, the City of Port Angeles/Visit Port Angeles does not endorse nor verify the information included. If an entry includes a link to a third-party website, the City does not control nor review the content or operation of that website. The City of Port Angeles/Visit Port Angeles guarantees neither the authenticity, accuracy, appropriateness nor the security of the link, website or content linked thereto. The City of Port Angeles urges you to exercise caution when accessing any unfamiliar website.