Our heart goes out to our community, our state-wide residents, our visitors, and the entire nation during this difficult time. We’re all uncertain right now, feeling a bit anxious, cooped up, and uneasy. Let’s remember that we’re all in this together and that we need to take care of each other and stay home during this crucial time to protect yourself and those around you. Your Port Angeles vacation can wait. Stay close to home.
Let’s keep our community healthy and strong by following the latest guidelines from the CDC and our Washington State Governor’s office. The Washington Department of Health is posting updated information as-it-happens to keep you safe here: https://www.doh.wa.gov/emergencies/coronavirus
The City of Port Angeles & Clallam County Current Restrictions (updated 11/15/20)
Here are the latest Washington restirctions to stop the spread of COVID-19:
- Restaurants and taverns: Curbside pick-up and delivery only until December 14, 2020
- In-store retail (at 25% capacity)
- Gatherings with up to five people from outside your household
- Overnight camping is allowed at specific campground. Check your campground for current information. National Park campgrounds will remain closed until further notice.
Clallam County Alerts & Resources for the Community & Business Owners
Find Clallam County latest updates on the ever changing COVID-19 virus. Find current information at http://www.clallam.net/Coronavirus/
M.V. Coho Ferry Operations to Canada Travel Closure Alert
The Coho Ferry — operated by the Blackball Ferry line from downtown Port Angeles to Victoria, British Columbia, Canada — has ceased operations due the closure of the Canadian border. Find current information from the Coho Ferry at https://www.cohoferry.com/COVID-19-Updates
What You Can Do to Help
Our local businesses rely on visitors, tourism and locals alike to keep their doors open. We’ve come up with ways you can help keep our community healthy and strong while staying safe and sound:
- We’re all eager to get back outside but let’s do it right. Check out the #RecreateResponsibly guidelines and learn how to protect the PEOPLE and PLACES you LOVE while you get back to having fun outside: https://www.recreateresponsibly.org/resources
- Port Angeles restaurants are delivering and offering curbside pick-up still. Restaurants and bars are now closed for indoor dining and seating until December 15, 2020. Call our restaurants or message them on Facebook.
- Buy gift cards from Port Angeles’ gift and clothing shops, restaurants, galleries, book stores, spas and wellness businesses. You can also shop for gift cards state-wide at the showwalove.com website.
For tourism-related businesses in Washington state offering gift cards, you can promote your gift cards for free here.
- Buy online or direct from local businesses and get free delivery. Call or message them on Facebook for details.
- Re-book your lodging and hotel reservations once we get the a-okay to vacation again.
- Plan your dreamy Port Angeles and Olympic Peninsula vacation for later in 2021 — follow us on Instagram at @VisitPortAngeles and peruse our website for future trip ideas — our community will love you for it!
- And remember to be kind and patient.
We’ll look forward to seeing you in Port Angeles once this all passes AND treating you to a dreamy Olympic Peninsula vacation that will be worth the wait!
We are #AloneTogether